If you suffer from tooth decay and cavities, Dr. Patel offers treatment with dental fillings to restore the health and stability of your teeth. Dental fillings can help seal out decay after the infection has been removed from a tooth and the area has been cleaned. In addition, certain types of fillings offer different benefits to patients. Durable, natural-looking, and stain-resistant materials now allow for a longer-lasting and natural-looking result.
Signs of Tooth Decay
There are multiple signs to look out for when tooth decay is present:
- Tooth sensitivity
- Staining on tooth enamel
- Pain when biting or chewing
- Pain when eating hot or cold foods
If you have noticed any of these symptoms, call 847.660.6603. You may need a root canal and dental filling to remove and seal out tooth decay.
Types of Fillings and Treatment
There are several types of dental fillings that offer different benefits to patients depending on their material and placement. Dr. Patel will recommend the most appropriate type of filling for your dental health and cosmetic needs.
Common types of dental fillings include:
- Amalgam Fillings: Amalgam fillings are the standard filling material and are also known as “silver” fillings. They are durable, easy to apply, and are a great economical treatment option for patients.
- Composite Resin Fillings: Also known as “white” fillings, composite resin fillings are color-matched to existing teeth for a natural-looking result. The composite resin material seals teeth and prevents future decay or infection for a long-lasting restoration.
- Gold Fillings: Gold fillings are a good option for larger back teeth as they can provide a strong biting surface and durability.
- Porcelain Fillings: Porcelain fillings reflect light for a natural-looking and stain-resistant result. This option is one of the most aesthetically pleasing for patients.
- Inlays and Onlays: Inlays and onlays are made from high-quality ceramic or porcelain and blend in with natural teeth. They may require two visits to complete and offer the most stable result for treating larger teeth with more than one cusp.
Tooth decay and any compromised tooth structure will be removed prior to treatment with dental fillings. The chosen filling material will then be adhered to and sculpted to teeth after the tooth is prepared. A dental filling will last for many years with good oral hygiene and routine dental care.
Restore Your Smile Today
Call 847.660.6603 for comprehensive treatment at Best Dental Spa in Schaumburg, Illinois. You can also request an appointment with Dr. Dhara Patel online here. We welcome new patients of all ages and provide dental care that is tailored to your specific needs and cosmetic goals.